Georgetown Building Application Process
The process to receive a building permit involves a number of departments and agencies so it is important to follow the steps below carefully in order to reduce any delay due to incorrect submission.
Please use this process for new structures, extensions and/or additions to your property.
Notes to support the submission process can be found here
Step 1: Submission of Application
The following documents must be submitted to the Building Inspectorate Section of the City Engineer’s Department:
- Accurately completed Building Application Form (here)
- Certified copy of Ownership Document (current year)
- Four Copies of Building Plans
- Copy of survey plan for the plot of land where the work will be executed
- Four copies of structural building plans
- Copy of receipt(s) showing rates and taxes paid in full for current year
- Processing Fee
Once submitted, the documents will be checked and inspected by M&CC, GWI, CP&HA & the Fire Service (Step 2) before finalized by the City Works Committee, Statutory Meeting of the Council, the Town Clerk and to end the process, the City Engineer provides the final approval (Step 3).