MATERNAL & CHILD WELFARE SECTION
- Assist with pre-natal clinics/other clinics.
- Conduct Health Education and health promotion sessions to pregnant and lactating mothers as well as members of the community (according to health needs).
- Conduct group teaching clinics.
- Maintain records of all deliveries, referrals, vaccines in clinic register.
- Administer emergency care to persons within the community.
- Assist with School Health Programme.
- Counsel patients on the various methods of family planning and any other family life education requirements.
- Teach/Supervise students on the practical aspect of midwifery.
- Keep an inventory and take responsibility for all equipment, linen, drugs etc., under his/her charge.
- Conduct epidemiological surveillance of the community.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- Registration with the General Nursing Council of Guyana as a Registered Midwife
- Three (3) to four (4) years experience in Midwifery.
- Applications should reach the Human Resource Department no later than 22.11.2021